The Climate World Congress 2023
The most effective ways to increase sales
Climate World Congress 2023 will have a full business programme lasting four days. The pogramme includes specialized sessions, roundtable meetings, panel discussions, conferences, workshops, educational events and contests. More than 90 speakers will share their professional knowledge and the most up-to-date technological skills and knowledge.
The climate World Congress will address important issues in the HVAC/R sector such as recent trends and new equipment; challenges and opportunities in the market; ways to grow sales and more.
28 Februar 2023
11.00 – 11.30 The Climate World Expo 2023 exhibit opens
11.30 – 13.00 Plenary session Potential and future opportunities of the HVAC/R industry market driven by the new economic situation. What awaits us in the coming year?
During the session speakers will address the main changes, current trends and prospects for the development of the market.
Topics for discussion:
- Review and assessment of the market: the COVID-19 pandemic, sanctions, withdrawal of international companies from Russia
- Government support for the industry
- Localization: strategy for the development of the domestic market
- Challenges and opportunities: China – rescue or challenges?
- Imports from Turkey: new opportunities?
- Logistics: disruption of supply chains, problems with the delivery of spare parts and components, parallel imports
Moderator: Mr. Konstantin Shvarev, Marketing Director, Veza
Speakers: Mr. Levent Aydın, Vice President of İSİB, Mr. Alexey Kondakov, Director General, TIKA PRO, Mr. Valery Vorontsov, Deputy Director General of Development and Sales of Pool Equipment, Systemair, Mr. Georgy Litvinchuk, Director General, Marketing Agency “Litvinchuk-Marketing”, Mr. Sergey Syromyatnikov, Deputy General Director of Sales and Marketing, Avalon ElectroTech
14.00 – 15.45 Expert Session Marketplaces in the context of a new reality: opportunities and challenges
Moderator: Mr. Anton Larin, СEO and Co-Founder of XWAY
Topics for discussion:
- Explosive growth of marketplaces in Russia’s e-commerce market
- Market analytics: sales of HVAC/R & household appliances (air conditioners, ventilation, air purification, refrigerators etc.)
- Key factors to success in different marketplaces, and a list of tasks that need to be addressed on a daily basis
- How to promote your products in the marketplace
- Strategies for launching a marketplace, handling feedback and product returns, unit economics and pricing
Speakers: Mr. Anton Trifonov, Head of Development, CEHAC Yandex. Market, Ms. Elena Savchik, Head of Household Appliances, SberMegaMarket, Mr. Evgeniy Gashkov, Head of Sales, Joom.pro, Ms. Anna Kolomenskaya, Director of Fulfillment Development, Russian Post, Mr. Alexey Khnykov, Head of Partner Networks Department, Kholodilnik.ru, Ms. Ksenia Kubyshina, Deputy Head of Store Support, XWAY Marketplaces
16.00-17.30 Key players in the logistics industry and market outlook
Moderator: Mr. Evgeniy Fadeev, Director General of John Gold
Since many companies have withdrawn from the Russian market, experts predict the recovery will take place in two areas: the development of parallel imports, and a re-orientation of Russia to the Asian, Indian and Turkish markets.
There are no large quantities of goods imported under the grey import model. Companies that resell goods to Russian retailers run the risk of being sanctioned by the brands.
Equipment retailers have already launched discussions about this issue. The volume of goods that retailers import under the grey import model may not be able to keep up with demand. The brands that left Russia do not plan to increase the volume of deliveries to countries where Russian stores buy goods. At the same time the excess stocks for example in Kazakhstan cannot cover the demand for goods in Russia.
Topics for discussion:
- New international intra-country logistics routes
- The subtleties of logistics in unstable times
- A search of new suppliers
- Quality control
Speakers: Ms. Valeria Batova, Key Account Development Manager, CDEK, Ms. Maria Zaytseva, Deputy General Director for Commerce of SberLogistics
14.00-15.45 Scientific-practical conference held by Rossoyuzholodprom and Mospolitekh
Recent developments in the refrigeration industry
16.00 – 17.30 School of young scientists named after Professor Kalnina
1 March 2023
11.00– 12.30 Discussion session – FMCG business: Tasks and solutions to ensure a proper microclimate of grocery hypermarkets
Moderator: Mr. Sergey Pleshanov, Technical Director of Land Management Company
Grocery stores, supermarkets and hypermarkets are among the leaders in energy consumption among commercial real estate. The largest energy consumption in grocery stores falls on the cooling systems in counters (refrigerated display cases). Centralized refrigeration systems with multi-compressor units are usually designed to have a long service life.
The long-term and reliable operation of these systems is only possible with a careful assessment, as well as high-quality installation and maintenance.
Questions for discussion:
- Ensuring temperature regime in stores and distribution centres
- Opportunities to reduce costs while ensuring the adequate temperature regime in stores and distribution centres
- Monitoring the performance of refrigeration and other equipment
- Temperature control as the basis for maintaining product quality
Speakers: Ms. Elena Bakhar, Director General, “Eltris Group LTD”
13.30 – 14.30 Round table – Shopping Malls and HVAC System Needs
Moderator: Mr. Alexey Blumkin, Vice President for Communications for the Union of Shopping Centres: Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan
In Russia, there are more than 3,000 shopping centres in which air conditioning equipment is installed. Most often, medium and large shopping centres use cooling systems offered by manufacturers from the United States, Japan, Korea, Poland, Sweden, Turkey and Russia.
Russia is also the world’s most important market for thermal and electrical equipment where the heating season lasts 6 to 8 months. Shopping centres are among the largest consumers of heating equipment.
Because of sanctions, difficulties in the consumer sector, the withdrawal of Western brands and other factors, shopping centres have to adapt to challenges. At the same time, the need for maintenance and repair, supply of spare parts and installation of climate control equipment remains the same.
Questions for discussion:
- What happens with shopping malls: past, present, future
- Forecast for opening new shopping malls
Current issues in the maintenance of climate control
- equipment in the shopping centre
Speakers: Mr. Pavel Lyulin, Doctor of Economic Sciences, Vice-President of the Union of Trade Centres: Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan
Mr. Vitaly Martynov, Chief Engineer of the Multifunctional Complex YES Technopark (Moscow), which includes an apartment hotel, business and shopping centre
Mr. Valery Kostikov, Director Real Estate Operations,”Glavstroy”
15.00-16.15 Symposium – WoW – World of water: Water supply and the latest technologies and equipment
Water is an important resource for many technological processes in most industries, and therefore water supply systems need high-quality and reliable equipment.
When installing a water supply system, one of the most important tasks is choosing the water source or supply.
The water supply should provide the right quantity of water at the lowest cost possible; while providing water in a way that meets the needs of the consumer.
The latest systems include new methods of purification and ensure uninterrupted water supply and improved sanitation. The tasks are solved using new useful and economical technologies.
Topics for discussions:
- New technology and equipment in the design of water supply and sanitation networks and facilities
- Challenges and opportunities when introducing new technological solutions to water supply networks.
- Economic feasibility of new technologies in water supply and sanitation systems as a whole and individual facilities
Speakers: Ms. Elena Farnosova, Head of Research, Tion
16.30-17.00 Master-class – Rating the most expensive mistakes when promoting climate equipment and best practices
Speaker: Mr. Konstantin Ivlev, Lead Content Strategist, TexTerra
17.00-18.00 Expert session -Brand health assessment: Evaluation, criteria and tools
Speaker: Mr. Alexey Larin, Managing Partner, BrandExpert Freedom Island
10.00– 11.10 Conference – Hotel complexes: Innovative climate systems equipment and technologies
- The design and features of ventilation and air conditioning systems depending on the scale of hotel and its star rating
- Providing thermal comfort
- Ensuring the required level of noise and vibration
- Air parameter control
Recommendations for the selection and equipment of heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems
11.10-13.30 Reports: “Residential Building “
Climate systems equipment and technologies for a favoured microclimate
13.30-14.30 Reports: “Pool & Spa”
- Features of the standard air exchange calculation
- Air treatment processes taking into account the climate zones of the Russian Federation
- Recovery capabilities, including in regions with harsh climates
- Reducing operation costs of swimming complexes
- Equipment requirements that consider increased corrosion resistance
- Treating outdoor air with high absolute moisture content in the summer
Recommendations for selecting air conditioning, ventilation and dehumidification system equipment
14.30-15.00 Reports “Underground parking”
– Regulatory requirements for ventilation in underground parking lots, including fire safety and smoke ventilation
– Jet ventilation systems, removing products of combustion and reducing heat in underground and covered parking lots, removing harmful impurities from exhaust gases during normal operations, and removing smoke in emergency situations.
Recommendations for selecting equipment
15.10-15.50 Reports “Restaurants and hot shops”
– Exhaust systems: local suction, ventilated ceilings
– Mechanical filters
– Calculating the air balance
– Duct cleaning Fans
2 March 2023
11.00 – 12.30 Conference – Smart technology in the HVAC/R industry: Current solutions and future opportunities in Russia’s smart buildings
Moderator: Mr. Yury Khakhanov, Acceleration Director of Skolkovo Urban Technologies Cluster
The rise of smart technology adoption across the HVAC/R industry. Technologies for smart homes has also been growing rapidly.
New residential and business projects must be equipped with the latest technological solutions, and HVAC/R systems are no exception. With rapid development, the HVAC/R industry is undergoing a technological revolution to keep up with the demand of home buyers and builders.
New generations are embracing both complex and cost-effective engineering solutions.
Questions for discussion:
- Energy efficient and sustainable solutions
- New technologies, successful implementation of new technologies HVAC/R equipment
- Smart technology
Speaker: Mr. Andrey Morgunov, Chief Engineer, Amalthea Business Center (Skolkovo), Mr. Albert Bareev, Chief Mechanic of JSC O1 Standard, Mr. Evgeny Samarov, Independent Expert on the Operation of Real Estate, Ms. Svetlana Perminova, CEO, Unikorn, Ms. Olga Kib, Head of B2B Service Development, Yandex (online)
13.00-14.30 Roundtable Discussion – Air conditioning for data processing centers
Moderator: Mr. Viktor Gavrilov, Technical Director, AMDtechnology
Data server cooling is an important issue in operating data centers.
In 2020, there were a total of 30 large data center providers in Russia that owned 89 sites, more than half of which are located in Moscow, and 12 in St. Petersburg.
At the same time, France, for example, has about 200 large data centers. This suggests the market for data centers will grow in the coming years, and means the demand for appropriate cooling and ventilation systems is also expected to grow.
Despite current sanctions, data center providers promise to launch more than 20,000 new rack spaces in 2022. Even in the worst case scenarios, the commercial data center market is forecast to grow approximately10-15% per year
Topics for discussion:
- Data center as a thermal power plant
- Data center cooling concepts and standards
- Sustainable operation of data centers
- How to become a solution provider for the data center market?
- What can replace the equipment of providers that have stopped operating in Russia
Speakers: Mr. Leonid Lupandin, Head of Air Conditioning and Ventilation Service Department, Selectel, Mr. Nikolay Korolev, Director General, Amperel LLP, Mr. Alexey Morozov, Director General, LLC Refcool, Mr. Konstantin Charkovsky, Director of the Department of Climate Systems, VAYBOS
15.00- 16.00 Roundtable Discussion – Workplace challenges and how to solve them
Speakers: Mr. Dmitry Kuzin, Executive Director, APIC, Mr. Alexey Busakhin, Technical Director, Promventilation
11.00-12.30 Conference of Rossoyuzholodprom
The refrigeration industry in Russia and various topics
13.30-14.30 Competitions and Awards
“CLIMATE WORLD 2023” refrigeration equipment and the best solutions. Project presentations and awards
15.00- 16.30 General meeting
17.00 Anniversary reception
3 March 2023
11.00-11.30 – How to increase your repeat purchase rate of HVAC equipment?
Speakers: Ms. Yulia Somova-Goltsvirt, Head of CRM Marketing
11.45-12.30 – New logistics 2023 – routes, schemes and solutions
Speakers: Ms. Maria Simakova, Founder and CEO, Agile Customs & Logistics